New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce provides a lot of services on its website. Job seekers can find employment services like OnRamp, Jersey Job Club, One-Stop Career Centers and Job Fairs; employers can find Customized Training Grants, Talent Networks and Hiring Incentives and a lot more. You can also claim unemployment insurance benefits.
New Jersey Unemployment Insurance Benefits Instructions
Unemployment Insurance benefits are paid quicker to those who claim benefits on Sundays from 8:00am to 3:00pm via the Internet.
- File or Reopen your UI Claim
- Claim Inquiry (This service is not available from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. daily)
- Weekly Benefit Payment Claim. This service is only available from 7am (EST), to 6pm (EST), Monday thru Friday and Saturday and Sunday 8:00am thru 3:00pm. If you have an address switch within NJ, please use the address switch update application before claiming benefits, and do not check “yes” to report a fresh address when claiming weekly benefits
- Direct Deposit Update. This service cannot be used to stop direct deposit on your existing claim and is not available from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. daily
- Obtain 1099-G Income Tax information.This service is not available from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. daily
- Address Change Update.This service is presently available for switch of address from one NJ address to another NJ address. The update may take up to 24 hours. (This service is not available from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. daily
About New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Developmentis an equal employment chance employer and provides equal chance programs. It was originally constituted in the late-1940s as the Department of Labor and Industry, in June 2004 its name was switched from the New Jersey “Department of Labor” to the New Jersey “Department of Labor and Workforce Development.”