Are you full-time and part-time associates of Macy’s and its subsidiaries who have at least one year of continuous service with Macy’s? Are you retirees of Macy’s – including retirees of R.H. Macy & Co. who retired after Dec. 18, 1994, and retirees of The May Department Stores Company who retired on or after Aug. 30, 2005? Are you current members of the Macy’s, Board of Directors and former directors who served after February 1992? If you belong to any part, you will be eligible for Macy’s Employee Connection matching gifts program.
Employee Connection Matching Gifts Guide
Macy’s foundation matching Gifts program encourages associates, retirees and directors to contribute to organizations and causes that help produce stronger and healthier communities where we live and work. Through the Macy’s Foundation, associates’ gifts will be matched dollar-for-dollar to most organizations that are classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The dollar-for-dollar match essentially doubles the bounty made by an associate, retiree or director and gives the Macy’s Foundation a way to support organizations and causes that are significant to them.
Contributions must be a minimum of $25 to be matched. The annual maximum match per associate is $22,500 of intimate funds in any calendar year. Proof that contributions are made from private funds may be requested from time to time. You can contact us at (800)838-2063 or at [email protected] with any questions and comments.
Have you ended an application in the past?
The Eligible Matches are listed for you to refer to:
- Cash, publicly traded securities or similar instruments that have a quoted market value.
- Gifts made with private funds, including those made thru a intimate trust, foundation or corporation established for charitable purposes by an eligible Matching Gifts participant.
- Gifts made to a qualified nonprofit organization from a donor-advised fund if that fund has been funded solely or in part by the eligible Macy’s, Inc. participant.
- Gifts made with private funds, including those made thru a trust, foundation or corporation established for charitable purposes by an eligible Matching Gifts participant.
- Amounts actually paid – not merely pledged for payment – in the current calendar year, which are certified by an officer of the recipient organization.
- Amounts that do not total more than $22,500 per eligible participant in a single calendar year.
- Gifts to nonprofit organizations in Puerto Rico and Guam, provided the organization meets all current requirements including have a 501(c)(3) designation by the IRS.
About Macy’s Foundation
Macy’s Foundation directs charitable providing to non-profit organizations that serve the communities we serve. They believe that stronger, healthier and more vibrant communities provide nicer environments for stores to do business, and for customers and employees to live and work.
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier omnichannel retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico under the names of Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s; the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites, and 12 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores. Bloomingdale’s in Dubai is operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under a passport agreement. Macy’s, Inc.’s diverse workforce includes approximately 175,700 employees. Prior to June 1, 2007, Macy’s, Inc. was known as Federated Department Stores, Inc. The company’s shares are traded under the symbol “M” on the New York Stock Exchange.
For more information about Macy’s Employee Connection matching gifts program, visit