At the Arizona unemployment insurance benefits application and management site, you can apply for UI benefits and federal emergency compensation, file your weekly unemployment insurance or extended benefits claims and view your UI claim information online.
Arizona Unemployment Insurance Benefits Application and Management Guide
Managed by Arizona department of economic security, the Arizona unemployment insurance benefits application and management site also covers these services and support: how to file a fresh application, what is the weekly claims, file continued claims, how to appeal if the unemployment benefits application is rejected and payment information. Online services suggested at this site include:
- Apply for UI Benefits or Federal Extensions
- File Your Weekly UI Claims
- View UI Claim Information
- Information about UI Benefits Paid in 2012
- Reset Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Appeal a UI Decision
How to Qualify for Arizona Unemployment Insurance Benefits
To qualify for benefits, you must meet the requirements including, but not limited to:
- You must have worked for an employer who paid unemployment tax.
- Additionally, you must have earned:
- At least 390 times the Arizona minimum wage in your highest earning quarter and the total of the other three quarters must equal at least one half of the amount in your high quarter. (For example, if you made $5000 in your highest quarter you need to have earned a total of $2500 within the remaining three quarters combined,)
- Or at least $7000 in total wages in at least two quarters of the base period, with wages in one quarter equal to $5987.50 or more.
- Residency required. It is needed that you live in America, Canada, Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands and have access to an employment office and the capability to accept instant employment in America.
- You must be mentally and physically able and qualified to work at a job. If you are totally disabled or incapacitated, you are not eligible for the benefits.
- You must be qualified by experience, education, or training for the jobs which are open in the labor market and you are ready to accept an suggest for a full-time work.
- An active attitude toward seeking work is also in demand. You must be in want of a job and strive for it while you claim benefits each week. A record of work contacts and adequate work search during unemployment are also required.
- You must have activated your registration for DES Employment Service.
For more detailed information, you can visit www.azui.com and check out more or refer to
About Arizona DES
Department of Economic Security (DES) aims to be your accomplice for a stronger Arizona works with families, community organizations, advocates and state and federal counterparts to realize the collective vision – every child, adult, and family in the state of Arizona will be safe and economically secure. DES endeavor to promote enhanced safety and well-being for Arizonans by concentrating on three primary goals: strengthening individuals and families; enlargening self-sufficiency; and, developing the capacity of communities.